Our true life purpose is to live a sacred life by consistently expressing our spiritual values in all that we think, say, and do.
10 Steps for Living a Sacred Life
1. Honor the divinity within yourself, everyone, and everything.
Everyone and everything was created in divine love. Accordingly, align your thoughts, words, and deeds with kindness, respect, and cooperation.
2. Accept people as they are without trying to change them to conform to your expectations.
The only way we can change others is through our own positive example.
3. Forgive yourself and others.
Be compassionate toward yourself and others – It takes a great deal of courage for any one of us to be here.
4. Recognize that we all have the same spiritual purpose – to receive and express unconditional love.
You will remember this in your own unique way and in your own time. So will everyone else.
5. Understand that it is not in your greatest good to judge or criticize anyone.
Whatever you criticize about someone else is an aspect, to a greater or lesser degree, that you need to heal within yourself.
6. See life as a process of growth.
There are no failures. Every situation you experience and every person you meet is an opportunity for growth and greater insight to universal truth and love.
7. Develop an attitude of gratitude.
Being thankful for everything and everyone is the most effective way to create peace and prosperity in your life.
8. Remember we are all a part of the whole of existence.
What affects one of us affects all of us. Take responsibility for the fact that your thoughts, words, and actions, and even your underlying motivations, are constantly impacting the entire world.
9. Respect everything in the environment.
The way we take care of the earth is the way it takes care of us.
10. Forgive yourself whenever you forget any of the above.
Excerpt from “The Power of Oneness, Live The Life You Choose”